Me ranting on about my own mental health struggles and the reactions that I can get when I discuss this. (Sidenote - I aim to do a better job of this recording with a clearer head at a later date.)
Tips from the trenches:
- Start by prioritising yourself and putting your own oxygen mask on first.
- You're not alone and it's not all on you to articulate and make people feel better about your struggle.
- There's lots of brilliant support services out there and there's zero shame in using them. Sometimes someone removed from the situation is exactly the person you need.
Here are a few helpful numbers if you do feel like you could do with a chat:
- For a text conversation there's SHOUT 85258
- For a phone conversation ther's the Samaritans 116 123
- or Education Support Partnership 08000 562 561
You're not alone and I promise it will get better.